Marshfield Tennis Club introduces USTA Masters Tennis to our Seniors.
Masters Tennis is played on a smaller 60-foot court with a slower ball and a lighter (or your regular) racquet. It’s the perfect format for beginners learning to play and for players with mobility challenges.
It’s easy to learn, fun to play, social and
keeps you active!
If anyone is interested in learning more about Masters Tennis, please contact the Master Tennis Ambassador, Bud Duksta (email@example.com) or (781) 706-8027. Email or text messaging works best.
- Adults new to tennis
- Recreational tennis players
- Experience players not wanting to play full court tennis
- Returning players with injury or mobility challenges
- Players looking for a new challenge
The following equipment is recommended:
- Lighter & smaller 25" tennis racquets or players can choose to use their existing 27" racquets
- Low compression orange tennis balls
- Tennis court dimensions: 60'x21 (singles) or 60'x27' (doubles)
- Masters tennis uses a simple 1-2-3-4 scoring system
- First player (or team) to win 4 points wins the game
- First player (or team) to win 6 games wins the match
- Players (or teams) do not need to win by 2 games
- All other rules of tennis apply