Starting in May, MTC will be starting a new FAST4 tennis league at Peter Igo Park
- Fast4 Tennis is a format for playing a tennis match, initiated by Tennis Australia, which leads to a shorter match, having fewer sets and varied rules compared to the traditional rules of tennis
- Advanced Beginner (3.0) - 5:00-6:30pm
- Advanced (3.5-4.5) - 6:30-8:00pm
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Scoring will be numerical (1, 2, 3, Game) rather than 15, 30, 40, Game
- If the ball hits the net cord on a serve and bounces in the correct service box, play will continue. In doubles, either of the receiving pair can play the let (eg. the receiver’s partner can move across and return the serve).
- At 3 points all its “next point wins” the game. The receiver chooses which side the point is played.
TIEBREAKER AT 3 GAMES ALL:
- First to 5 points
- 2 points serving each (starting deuce side)
- Change ends once only after 4 points.
- If Tiebreaker reaches 4-4 it’s “next point wins” the set. Players come to the net and umpire will toss a coin with winner(s) of toss deciding who serves (or spin racquet if no umpire); receiver chooses which side the point is played.
Click the Buy Now button below to register. The cost is $50 per person for 8-weeks and includes a T-Shirt and tennis balls.